Service at BWC

PO BOX 155. 31001 HAIFA, ISRAEL

Friday, October 26, 2012

Arriving in Haifa

I arrived in Haifa on Tuesday night after 12 hrs on a plane. My flight was overnight, which made the ride seem short. Orientation does not start until Sunday, so I have been getting to know the city (i.e. getting lost) and learning about my roommate and some great people in my orientation group. I know about 5 or 6 people at the Centre from doing a week of service here or there (Bosch Baha'i School, Johannesburg Baha'i Centre, Carmel Baha'i School) and the 6 degrees of separation is definitely more like 2 degrees in the Baha'i World

I am looking forward to starting a small dance troupe with a Baha'i from Australia, getting involved in an open mic, learning my position, and getting a tour of the Holy Land.

We visited to Shrine of Baha'u'llah last night. It is an experience I think every person will have differently for themselves, but I will say that it was pouring rain before we went and flashing lightening which actually brought a real since of calm to me. I prayed for many of you. I reflected on my service here, what I can contribute to the Baha'i World here and at home.

Today, my roommate took me to the coast (Mediterranean Sea) which is about a 30 min walk. I am very happy to be close to a beach again. I have surely missed the water.

Awesome news, my phone still works so you can text me from the US if you'd like to Skype or talk. Just remember that we are 6 hours ahead of DC and 9 hours ahead of Oregon!

in faith, hope, love
Andrea Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment